Hello Stan,
It is frustrating when one asks and no one replies. So here is my input - for what it's worth.

Lots of people seem to be having the same problem, so that seem's to be normal. I was lucky because it worked straight away for me. I really like Jack Canfield and I trust him, so perhaps that helped me be sufficiently relaxed, 'open to receive' to see a symbol on my theatre screen.

The symbol I got was a shining moon - look up some of the other threads and you will read more about getting or not getting symbols. At first I was disappointed as I felt my symbol was a bit contrived. Once I asked the symbol what wisdom it had to share, I was blown away by the sheer appropriateness of it fo me.

Having moved on to the second course, I suggest you don't get too upset if you receive nothing. This is just one exercise of many others..... they all lead us to finding out more about our life purpose, they help us to hear inner guidance..... so just keep going. If necessary, just pick a symbol and get wisdom from that. It is also about getting in touch with the place inside that gets so little attention.

I know everyone would like for each exercise to unfold perfectly, but this one seems to trip up many others too. Just trust that this is the right thing for you at this time, tell yourself that you are open to see a symbol at any time (not just during meditation), and perhaps you will.

Happy viewing and may your search be fruitful and also wise!
Take care and enjoy the course,
French Claire