Hi Claire

Thanks for your reply. I have to say that my doubts about whether it was going to work or not, and about whether I was wasting my time with this course, were completely without substance.

Actually the very day after I wrote the comment above, I received my symbol. I wasn't doing the meditation with the CD, but I was in my daily Holosync Immersion (something I would recommend to everybody, see http://www.centerpointe.com) - which puts you in a deep meditative state anyway. I decided to do the visulisation which had failed the day before, and saw on the screen a nest. The unspoken instrucion I seemed to be getting was to examine carefully the contents of the nest. There would be some eggs that would never hatch. There would be some that would hatch. there would be chicks already hatched that require nurturing, and maybe some deformed ones that will have to be thrown out of the nest - brutal, I know, but we are talking symbolism here. Also I must look out for cuckoos, chicks that should not be there, that were probably put there by the expectations of others, or maybe just by my own misunderstandings of what I should have. These cuckoos would sap all my strangth and attention at the expense of the others, which would wither and die.

The symbolism is very obvious, so no need to even say what it means, but I clearly have to take stock of all my projects, simplify and thin down the number of things I have on the go.

So there we are - it does work, and pretty quickly, too.

The next meditation, again on the second attempt, gave me a plastic model of an archer with a bow and arrow. Pretty bizarre, really! The thing is I'm already well aware of my purpose in life, it's just that I have to see just what to aim at to bring about he next phase, and learn to shoot sraight!

Good luck to all out there - I think you are on the right track doing this course.

Stan