Hi:
Thanks for your response.The two of us had a good working relationship with the possibility of friendship(not romance).I like your suggestion about asking the true self.
You actually have been the only one so far to answer my question directly.I asked simply "Has anyone ever had success with restoring a relationship?"What I got was basically people trying to analyze and advise rather than answer that question.I may be stuck in the past, and I may not be, the point was seeking an answer to the question.Now, as far as I know, we parted on good terms, and when I phoned back after a couple of years, our conversation started off okay.Haven't you ever said something that may have been taken the wrong way?It was like that.Not something that had been building; we had no contact for a couple years.So maybe it was the final act, and maybe not but I was simply looking for an answer from the forum.I accept what she said and keep on living-that doesn't mean I am not open to us at least having a better understanding of each other.Anyway, thanks to all who have responded.