Quote:
You could contact the person and find out all about it. Why did they do it? What caused the strong reaction? If they tell you, you satisfy the need to understand. If they reject you further, well you are back where you started and can decide from there what is right/best for you.

I disagree with this. In the first situation I quoted above, neither of us really wanted to break friends, and the break was made by ME, so it was up to me to broker a reconciliation.

In this case (and Really, I apologise if I sound like I'm talking across you here as though you aren't there), the other person has stated clearly that she wants nothing more to do with him. Going to her and asking questions may now come across as intimidation, and even stalking! Really would be acting against this person's clearly expressed wishes, so, in my opinion, it is going to cause even more problems. Far better to walk away! I have some experience of this myself, and I can state without a shadow of a doubt, that I did not improve my situation by looking for those answers.

Furthermore, what if Really receives answers he doesn't like? I believe he has an esteem issue, or he wouldn't be seeking this reconciliation in the first place. He would be satisfied within himself and accept this action as the other person's issue; the other person's 'problem' rather than his own. If he gets a hurtful response, he may take it personally, and this may engender even more hurt and resentment and even self-loathing. Is he personally enlightened enough to see this as the other person's problem? Very few of us are. I'm not yet, so don't think I've got this down. And then, this is assuming this person is also enlightened enough to see the questions for what they are, rather than something oppressive.

Personally, I would walk away. I can't understand why you'd want to associate with someone who held you in such low regard. There are plenty of people out there far more worth your energy than people who don't like you!