I just felt that I might share a few things that have come into my life recently. Regarding self-sabotage: I had just come to an actual acceptance that I have been guilty of this - and started wondering what might be behind it and how I could overcome it - when a book was recommended to me about 'the one problem' that keeps a person self-sabotaging. The book is "The Big Leap" by Gay Hendricks. He discusses what he calls the Upper Limit Problem. I immediately identified with what he was saying - and made some very significant observations of when I found it occurring in my life.
Now, about the same time I started with Effortless Success, I got started with Bill Harris's Holosync - and he sent out an e-mail endorsing Bob Doyle's Boundless Living about living the Law of Attraction successfully. Which referred me to some very specific information about EFT or Emotional Freedom Techniques. I had run into the Sedona Method for releasing and hadn't found that it resonated with me - but this releasing technique is 'just what the doctor ordered' as far as I am concerned right now. I think that what I like best about it is how quickly you can do it! I suspect that truly the best things about it is that it came when I was ready for it, though. Anyway, I tried it on my feelings of inadequacy and thought I hadn't really noticed any change. Then I started thinking and writing to my kids and noticed a new feeling about what I was doing and saying. I said, "Wow! I think this really did make a difference!" Like I said, I really like how quick it is to do - and get results!
OK - last thing I was noticing and wanted to share: Time and patience. Jack tells you to do your disciplines for 30 days straight (starting your count over again if you miss one, even!) To give it a real chance to work for you. So, being aware of my occasional disconnect with time, I wrote down the things that I needed to do for 30 days, then put the numbers for the next 30 days on the back of the page - and started crossing off numbers. It now seems to me that I have been doing these things for quite a while and I should at least be getting close to seeing some results. Well, when I check my list of days, I'm really only 15 days into the required commitment. I get real impatient sometimes [read 'most of the time'] and want to jump ahead before I am really ready. It is only in my more recent years (old age, lol) that I see how this sabotages me by getting me so overwhelmed with things that 'should' be working - or that I wish were working already (faster) that I give up on the step-by-step approach that really works.
Some of my fellow forum-writers might recognize this syndrome in themselves. One of you (can't remember which right now) spoke of biting off large chunks and chewing fast. You don't know how much I relate to that - my Grandmother said that about me at least 30 years ago and I am only now beginning to learn the value of smaller bites!
However you go about things, may I wish you the creation of a great day!
Margaret Ida