Hi Margaret,

I, too, have not resonated with the Sedona Method. I did the full course in the past, but have since found other things that work better for me. EFT is the one I most often use. I find that I am not only able to shake loose feelings showing up in the moment, I can also use the technique to uncover and hack the roots out of deep core beliefs. The only challenge that EFT presents is that its pretty hard to do on the fly when your in a situation where you can't tap acupressure points. There's where Sedona, I think, is better suited, but I've since learned a couple of things from other Learning Strategies sponsored courses that I've taken a greater liking to: One is the Effort-Free Life System Total Acceptance Process - this is from a course that a Brit named Chris (can't remember the last name at the moment) released in 2005. The other is Arnold Patent's Appreciation Exercise from Abundance For Life. Both are similar in spirit to Sedona but have difference wordings and, in my estimation, a slightly different "feel" to them. Sedona emphasizes "releasing", where you ask yourself permission to let troublesome feelings go. The other two processes encourage something more like "entering into a relationship with the energy of the feelings with an accepting/appreciating heart" which has the emotions seemingly let go themselves rather than you letting go of them. I imagine that all three techniques can lead to the same outcome, but personally, my experience is that the Sedona Method subtly reinforces the ego of the person doing the releasing, although I suspect it makes for a "nicer" ego. I have found that the other two processes have a more explicit component of surrender built in to the language of the form. Certainly, personal preference enters into it, but for my money/energy I find I get the most bang for the buck with a combination of EFT and either one of the Acceptance/Appreciation processes.

As you have pointed out, I do also think the 30+ days business can be a difference maker. That's part of my incentive for seeking ways to streamline and optimize the daily disciplines. I know that I have sufficient will power to "make" myself do something for 30+ days, when I put my mind to it, and yet, doing fewer things for a lesser amount of time (read: biting off less - it was me who spoke of being a big biter!)that excite and feed me while I'm doing them means I have to expend a whole lot less energy in the process. I'm all for stacking the odds in my favor, and I sense that turning the reins over to True Self/Intuition-based process translates to a heck of a lot less internal resistance for me to deal with in the long run.

As for the Upper Limit Problem, I think that your introduction to EFT is very auspicious, indeed.

All the Best,
Stevers