Greetings All,

This discussion raises some important questions:

1) What is our intent in doing the ES course? Is it to get what we want or is it to express who we truly are in the world? I think these two have a relationship, but I don't think they are necessarily the same thing.

2) When is a perceived limitation something that we are simply creating with our thoughts and when is it the recognition of a deeper reality being expressed? I think there is a fine line between "can do" thinking and hubris, between "limited thinking" and "seeing what is".

3) Are we operating from fear or love? I think it's possible to manifest what we think we want from either place (the question is: What are the consequences?") I also think it's possible to not be able to manifest what we think we want from either place.

I have probably said this before, but for me the keystone of the ES course is ASKING - Not only asking for what we want, but also asking for guidance toward getting what we want. In addition, Jack and Paul give some lip service to a third aspect of asking, and that is something like - asking to be shown what are our TRUE goals. It is this aspect of asking that holds the most curiosity for me.

What if my thinking mind isn't wise enough to know what's best for me? What if my ideas of what I think I want are all about my ego, my fear, my insecurity? On the other side of the coin, what if I am avoiding asking for (or even becoming conscious of) the very thing that would allow me to more fully embody WHO I REALLY AM and express it in the world?

My opinion is that our minds (by that I mean business as usual thinking, not deeper intuition or "inner guidance") often don't know what's best for us. They are conditioned to come up with goals that really aren't in our best interest (or are harmful to others or to the planet) or, alternatively, they are patterned to keep us from recognizing the goals that quicken our spirits and bring life to others and to the Earth itself.

What it all boils down to, for me at least, is DO I HAVE THE COURAGE TO LET SOMETHING GREATER THAN MY OWN IDEAS ABOUT WHO I THINK I AM AND HOW I THINK THE WORLD OPERATES RUN THE SHOW? What, then, might I accomplish that I never would have though possible (or even conceived of)? And what goal might I let go of accomplishing, for the benefit of all concerned, that I have long cherished and attached my identity to?

Do I have the courage to ask? Just as important, do I have the courage to listen to what comes back and then act on it?

These are some of my questions.

Best to all,
Stevers

Last edited by Stevers; 07/01/09 09:13 PM.