Originally Posted By: truth
Scanning through the forums I have seen posters primarily inquire about difficulties they were having getting the program to work for them-- and occasionally I see people expound about their grand successes.

Now of course I can't offer you hard statistics about what percentage PR users became successful, but my intuition leads me to believe that most people fall off the wagon because of the great effort required or simply that for some reason they're not ready (see an earlier post, if you care) and end up trying yet another accelerated learning modality. But, admittedly, this is shere speculation.

With that said, I repeat, I do genuinely believe that Photoreading does work for a select number of folks. And logically, I can't say that it couldn't work for everyone.

While I disagree with some of what ZMC has said, and I do find his demeanor somewhat offputting-- (I take responsibility for that evaluation)-- he does raise some valid points about the efficacy of PR and the belligerently defensive tone people take in its behalf.

PR has been around for over a quarter of a century and one would expect a tidal wave of enthusiasm and material results in the mainstream were it something that thousands have gotten to work in the fabulous manner in which it's marketed. This applies to Brain Dynamics as well.

Occasionally I hear about a school or program utilizing PR-- but then, the project dissolves and no one explains what actually happened. I've even contacted Pete B.and other LSC honchos about this with no satisfactory answer.

Over the years, I've seen numerous posts of people requesting visible demonstrations of PR-- which I don't believe is an unreasonable request. All of these have- that I have seen, have gone unheeded.And, this certainly doesn't mean that it doesn't work.

In fact, I'd love for PR to take off and revolutionize not only business and academics, but also the fundamental way which the world habitually perceives reality.

I believe that the underlying, though unstated, principle of PR is that All is here now-- and that we have the faculties to access the All. This would lead so many to an experience of our common humanity among infinite other things.

Does any of this this make sense to you, Jacktuff...or anyone else?

Hi 'truth'!

Nice post! I largely agree with most of its points.

I 'reread' two books yesterday; PhotoReading and Natural Brilliance by Paul R. Scheele. And I mean I read them at 25,000 wpm approx. and what I mean by reading at 25,000wpm is what some scientists say is impossible.

You can read without 'sub-vocalizing' and once you do, you are far more free of the conscious bind, 'sub-vocalization'; that generally chains the reading populous to a 330wpm brick. And it ain't easy.

PhotoReading is very snappy and comprehensive book on its subject and presents a lot of work to be accomplished by user. This is difficult no doubt for most in a busy life and something that should have been presented to school children from 1st Grade. And as to 'Natural Brilliance' I found 'flat' and 'hollow' but not without some interesting ideas, could be condensed put in as a chapter to PhotoReading.

However, most people are so fixed to bad reading habits of one kind and other that for them to pursue PhotoReading as an adult reader (after 10th grade) is a steep climb; a truly hard road for most. Hands on help is probably called for again and again over time.

I would like to see the book 5 times more exhaustive where it handled many side issues and background details, however that would not necessarily make it spit out more accomplishers.

Maybe someone will bring this work forward another notch or two...

...maybe, but most likely from another direction, such as 'how to think'. For the bottom line is comprehension not speed, use of ideas not videos made to satisfy the demands of sceptics and media.

There are and have been hundreds of fine individuals who can break the mold and process and remember five things at once and handily spit at them out in front of an audience and the most famous of them admit that the very next day they 'remember nothing'. And every genius I have known or studied under adamantly warns that 'forgetting' or 'forgettery' is more important over time than any ability to remember endless details whether just read or heard or seen.

If you need proof, then you should move on and not bother with courses or studies like this. For the demand of 'proof' is proof you do not yet understand the mystery of life.

All Is and you are ALL.

Sincerely,

I would rather work with ten thousand who 'get it' then ten million who don't no matter money, fame or glory.

Yukala