I am starting to use the system more and applying it to my life, but I have one major concern that is keeping me from daily use of the PR system. The intentions of the Author.

Certain books are just meant to be read, that is subvocalized. From 1984 to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn I feel like there are certain types of written material for which it would be an injustice to photoread.

This attitude has led me to a (from a PR standpoint) bad situation for me. I am afraid to Photoread books.

Even something like Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell I won't photoread. Outliers is not a work of fine literature like Hamlet. Nor is it a Sci-Fi thriller like Next or Prey.
Why then do I feel that I NEED to subvocalize it all, and not absorb it with my whole mind?

I ought to mention I have had some very interesting experiences without subvocalization of text. But at the end of the day I am afraid to Photoread because I think I will miss something important. . . And then I think that even if I miss something unimportant I am still betraying the intentions of the authors.

Ideas? Thoughts?