Uniquesoul -
The concept of 'accountability partner' is not intended to work as a 'boss' and create guilt. The relationship is intended to enhance our efforts and create synergy. There should be a sense of exploration and discovery in a totally non-judgmental way. Your accountability partner is a person with whom you are working to forward your progress. In such a relationship, your partner should be one with whom you feel able to open yourself and explore what happens as you form intentions and goals. 'Accountability partner' is a challenging 'job' because it needs to be done in such a way as to end the 'guilt' response and facilitate progress. It needs be done in a true partnership without any sense of hierarchy.
Personally, have tried to do my personal growth stuff completely independently for a long time, but I have found that I get distracted from the activity changes and goals I set way too easily when I am accounting only to myself. Then I procrastinate and rationalize my behavior, judging myself and feeling guilty. It works for me very well to have a partner with whom I meet and discuss what happened, with whom I rejoice when I am successful, and with whom I explore what I have learned when I have not completed my plan. My accountability partner facilitates my reviewing process and helps me remember that whatever has happened since our last visit is 'OK', that 'guilt' is not productive, that what happened since we met last was a learning experience, and she acts as a springboard to aid me in moving on to my next experience in a timely manner. I am extremely grateful to have such a friend.
While I am aware that everybody does not think, feel, act, and respond alike, an accountability partner is a really effective way for many people to create synergy and forward their own and another person's progress exponentially. If it doesn't sound like something that would work well for you, that's OK too.
May you create a happy day today!
Margaret Ida