Another insight yesterday.
I need to change my house-selling / Euro 500,000 per annum strategy slightly following data I absorbed while reading Joe Vitale's "Expect Miracles" book. I am always fascinated at how questions left insufficiently answered by one author are better addressed by another. Then synergy takes over, I put two and two together and that makes 10 (or more!). Now that is what I call abundance.

My previous plan:
I aim to earn Euro 500,000 by April 2010. How? One simple solution is to sell our magnificent, historic home in Ireland.
The income so generated would set us financially free - wow, the thought of living 100% in the present because our future would take care of itself (through generating comound interest) is the strongest motivator I've ever conceived. Imagine having ones future assured so that all I have to do is concentrate on looking after the present.

Joe's input: I have to get out of the way in order for the universe to create (adapted from page 11).

Deciding that the BEST or ONLY route for generating my goal of Euro 500,000 within 12 months by selling our family home is a cognitive error, or, certainly a strategic one. The universe cannot deliver in any other way because I am insisting on the route whereby the income shall be delivered. Instead of opening up to abundance, I merely shut out other avenues, closed my reticular activating system in my brain to potential other routes of delivery.

"It's equally important to understand that you can't be connected to the outcome. You can't have tunnel vision and insist that what you want be delivered in a certain way and according to your specifications. Occasionally, divine inspiration will show you the way and when it does, you should pounce on the opportunity." [page 17].

So, French Claire, stop playing God.

Insight 2: The danger of becoming desperate.
A great temptation of mine is to become obsessive (which actually translates as determined or desperate here) about attaining my goals/dreams. I can empathise with Joe when he describes himself thus: "everything in my life was cluttered and I had no real direction." I seem to vacillate between being intensely focused, performing affirmations (or afformations since I read Noah St. John's Code of Success book).... and then lapse back into the old routine where it takes too long for something significant to happen so a rudderless state of affairs takes over.

I can't find the exact quote now, but Joe expresses himself so aptly about desperation. He says something on the following lines: If I am DESPERATE to attract X, then instead of attracting X, I draw more DESPERATION to myself. Makes sense, doesn't it. If I have a strong feeling of must-have / must-happen / desperation, then that vibration is uppermost, and reflected in what I attract. Believe me: I DO NOT WANT TO ATTRACT DESPERATION.

So, French Claire, step back, relax, give the universe the power to deliver or not, but have faith that the best outcome for me will occur. Actually my act of determination/desperation is evidence of not trusting the universe. Rather than trust it, I force it to deliver.(Blush, blush, blush. Dammit, how could I be so stupid).

My new goal:
I am continuing to take actions to sell the house (won't bore you with those details).
However I am now focused on the SPIRIT of what selling the house / having an income this year of Euro 500,000 means to me. What I really want is security = money for the future so that I can enjoy living every second of the present in a joyful, creative, useful way. By saturating my consciousness with glorious feelings of security, the lack of worry, seeing my future assured, and living in contentment in the present has a strong appeal to me. It isn't desperate at all, it's liberating. If I concentrate on the SPIRIT of what financial security will bring me, I remain open to however the universe chooses to deliver. And really, I don't just want to sell the house, I want a useful, rewarding career too.

Adieu,
French Claire