Hi All,

I have decided to start a new thread for the sake of simplicity and a fresh start following on what I launched with the previous thread, called "Giving Up". My intent is for this thread to be a place for people who took me up on my invitation to give something up (in the interest of enhancing their success with the ES Course and related Law of Attraction processes) to report what they have observed and experienced over the past week. In the spirit of my comments toward the end of that last thread, my request is that folks keep their posts to reports and dialog regarding those reports.

My commitment was to give up the compulsive monitoring of internet sports, particularly basketball and bicycling. I did that until Sunday, at which point I gave myself full permission to fully "indulge". Curiously, I only spend about 10 minutes doing online with it, and then I was done with it.

Based on my experience of the past week, I am now willing to allow myself one day a week only to do as much sports information hounding as I want. I, hereby, commit to a limiting of my internet sports viewing in this manner for the next 4 weeks.

I did not miss my habit much at all. I reckon the time was ripe to give it up.

My week was, perhaps, the most significant of my adult life (time will tell whether that statement is accurate, or mere hyperbole). Most of what occurred happened on the level of relationships - with my parents, partner, friend, co-workers, acquaintances, and most of all, within myself. To cover the details would require at least an entire chapter of a book (which I may be writing before I know it). Suffice it to say I have never witnessed so much healing on an interpersonal and intra-personal (i.e. inside of me) level in a year, let alone a week. I imagine this may come across as an exaggeration, but I assure you, it is so. I have never witnessed myself so emotionally transparent, relentlessly honest, and verbally skillful in my communications with people. The results have been positively trance shattering, and the level of intimacy I am experiencing with all of the people in my life has been staggering.

Do I think all of this is because I gave up trolling for juicy tidbits of internet news regarding Le Tour de France and the latest personnel changes on the 20 or so teams of the National Basketball Association? No. But, I do think that the decision to do this made room for other possibilities and other energies to come rushing in, and rush in they most certainly did!

The moral of my story is this: If I want to have what want, I have to be willing to stop putting my attention on what I no longer want, even if there was a payoff in keeping alive what I no longer want (Hmmm. Sound familiar?) Said another way - If I want something, I need to make a space for what I want to come to me, and that means something else(a thought, a possession, or a behavior, as examples) must be let go of.

I want to raise my glass to giving up! \:D

Best to all,
Stevers