Obviously peoples IQ would not become the sole focus of this forum. Your analogy of people working at a particular skill and improving at it does not hold for image-streaming. Image-streaming does not work at all on a persons analytical abilities, yet, according to the Reinert studies, and Wenger, that ability improves along with the other abilities one would expect-- such as creativity, subconscious access, awareness, etc. They said that analytical abilities improve even with just pure image-streaming-- i.e. little decoding effort--and that seems verified by some peoples posts here. In your message you imply that I am not practicing image-streaming myself; in fact, I am. As for numerics I have a general range of where I would log in on an IQ test, and after I log around 50 hrs. practice-- if I notice my "intelligence" having noticeably improved, which I expect-- I plan on getting a more accurate assessment.
If we had people posting gains-- whether or not you like the IQ measurement-- of 40 pts. or more, and we made other people aware of the reason for it, I think that ISing would catch on very rapidly. Because, despite the limited scope of the IQ test it does still measure a certain type of thinking ability, which conventional wisdom says cannot change more than + or - 5-10%. Furthermore, it would be remarkable that a technique involving no direct practice of analytical abilities would affect it at 40%!
K.Olafsson