Claire -

I read your post days ago but allowed myself to believe I didn't have time to reply right then (see at least I'm practicing 100% accountability :))

Based on my experience thus far on this journey (of a lifetime!) and your thoughtful account of your experiences, I believe I was square in the middle of your "honeymoon over" analogy in the last few weeks. My telling of it in summary:
- I began a couple months after you - early May I believe
- Listened to disks in an almost addictive way, I know the bliss! The term "high" you used is so appropriate
- Did the Level 1 exercises, and felt a sense of purpose, my imagination sparked as it hasn't been in years. Daily disciplines, Evening Reviews, daily exercise program, etc.
- By mid-June... Listened to Level 2, a bit more slowly, and found myself not having time for the exercises. I listened to everything again (I/II) and tried to get back on track. Felt a little overwhelmed with the exercises esp those that required daily attention.

About 6 weeks in:
At this point I had begun noticing some improvements in my life but not in the areas of most focus - health improving, exercise was finally effortless, and relationships were deepening. Issues with my father were resolving, and I didnt need to be as involved in his care anymore (the past year had been tough).
BUT financial/career, the areas that cause me the most anxiety and frustration... not so much going on there. In fact with several unexpected personal expenses and surprise layoffs at our company I was hard pressed not to plead for "status quo"! Which mere months ago was not what I wanted at all. ah Fear...

Louise Hay has some great insights regarding the discomfort of Change and Transition - the new path, the backsliding, the back and forth as one shifts between old ways and new habits, the need to lovingly release blocks that come up that had been long suppressed, and not beat oneself up in the process. Funny how I insisted on forgetting all that as I "backslid" on ES and proceeded to do nothing more productive than beat myself up!

So I turned toward ES with renewed zeal, but finally realized I had a lot of blocks, self-directed negativity, etc. I saw I was approaching ES through desperation. I was not approaching ES in love, play, and trust. I knew I needed to clear myself to allow ES and my own success to have a good foundation. Sedona Method is what is working for me in this regard - and many other paths can get us to that same place.

Sedona helped me realize that, just as you realized (paraphrase), the negative is there and needs to be dealt with. Not ignored, or analyzed to death, not even understood necessarily, but acknowledged, welcomed, and released. After all fearing fear only feeds it - and it really is just a protection mechanism in many cases. Protection from the unknown, from potentially getting hurt. An old "friend" who had value in my earlier life, and kept me from getting hurt, but who now keeps me from taking the risks, trusting, acting, being.

It gives me comfort to see you a little ahead, working through, sticking with it, and seeing results. I also know now to try all the exercises but ultimately pick the ones that work best, that call to me. In fact it is mentioned in ESII I think. No need to beat oneself up over not doing everything... not "doing it right". Except for consistency, and trying each exercise at least once, I now believe at least parts of it are meant to be customized ultimately. Think Jack said if he did everything everyday his workday wouldnt start til late afternoon...

It's meant a lot that you've taken the time to outline your challenges, goals, and so forth. Your financial and career goals are similar to mine, and the care of your parent reminds me of the stressors that created in my situation. And the buttons that were pushed!

So now, as I emerge from my rut (and this post), I am so glad I am acknowledging, welcoming and releasing and no longer suppressing the negativity and fear. I feel a bit like a newborn, a little vulnerable, but I know and trust I have the tools, support and ability to ALLOW my success. On MY amazing, exciting, and brilliant terms!

Thank you again for your "testimonials"!
Colleen