You might find it interesting to read a book called "Changing For Good" by James Prochaska. He expounds on six stages that successfull self-changers go through. The first he calls 'Precontemplation' and equates to 'not ready' for change. The second one is 'Contemplation'-when you are giving it some real consideration and developing the desire to make a change. The third stage is 'Preparation.' In this stage you are still working on ideas - what change you want to see, what you will have to do to make the change, what you will have to give up in order to make your change, how will cope with the hazards you identify as being part of your change, etc. It isn't until stage four that you get into 'Action.' People that go through all the earlier stages are much more likely to be successful at getting through to the fifth 'Maintenance' and sixth 'Resolution' stages than those who jump right into action.
So I congratulate you and support you whole-heartedly on not only recognizing where you are, but being patient with yourself -not pushing yourself forward until you are truly prepared to do so. May I express my confidence in you. You truly know yourself and will know when you are ready. And by following the promptings of that inner guide, you will surely be successful in those things that matter most.
May you create peace and joy in your days.
Margaret Ida