Excellent. The first step is to get some sort of indication about your current IQ. Their are many online tests, of varying efficacy. If you choose to go that route take a variety-- at least 3-- of timed, online tests. Look for tests which seem like the authors invested some time in them. A simple google search will be very effective. Ideally, though, you should take an "official" IQ test, administered by a professional psychologist, or your local chapter of MENSA. I found about a 20 point spread in the online tests I took so I made an average. The next step, is, of course, Image-streaming. This should be done in 20 minute segments, as often as one can manage. Go to Win Wengers site for full instructions. Based on his calculation of 4/5's of a point per hour, and the fact that I found a 20 point discrepancy, I decided to make my margin of error large, and so my total image-streaming hours will be enough to gain--if the technique actually works-- 30 points IQ. That is about 38 hours worth, which I'll just round off to 40. That means about 120 20 minute sessions. I figured in that I will spend the next 6 months reaching that number. At this point I plan to take a "professional" IQ test. If all goes well my IQ should be at least 10 points higher than my highest online score was. If it is than I'll conclude that Image-streaming functions as promised. Note: the Reinert studies actually did not go up to 20 points IQ as Win would lead us to believe. They actually got to about 8 points during the published study, and the rest is a predictive graph assuming the same rate of change. Anyways, that is my roughly controlled plan. Not entirely scientific but it should cover all the possibilities. I would love to see you and others do this as well. It would be effective cross-motivation. I'm sure that Win and Paul would be interested to know as well. Finally, I'd like to state that a certain degree of healthy skepticism leads me to conclude that the ceiling for gain may be lower than the amount we intend on practising...it has to level off somewhere, there's no such thing as unlimited gain.
Best of luck,
K.Olafsson