Hi everyone...at the weekend I saw a man by the name of Don Tolman demonstrate what can only be described as photoreading... he studied a handwritten list for about 30 seconds and was able to accurately recall the list when examined by the audience.. Other demo's I have seen like this required making use of mental pictures to prompt word associations, but Don was able to mention little things about the page itself, eg a little scribble next to a word where the pen had stalled. He took a mental 'photo'.
Quite amazing. He was not demonstrating anyones method, but he proved to me that its possible. I was in the same room and saw it 'live'.
John Demartini explains that most people read at 'speaking' pace,but that its possible to learn to read much faster by training the mind in a different way, by following a pointer across the page. Apparently its possible to retain the information perfectly well at a speed as fast as you can follow a line of print with your fingertip.

I've never bothered to learn, but I still maintain that learning any skill requires repetitive practice and a belief that it is possible.I could read perfectly well at age 6,and I wish someone had taught me speed or photo reading then...I'm certain now that there is a more efficient way to read, but the method was never put before me in my most receptive learning years. Now that would be an interesting experiment...once your child has mastered normal reading try introducing the next level...amp it up a bit...before anyone tells them that its unusual or not possible...
If you believe that something is not possible because there is no empirical evidence then that is your right, but you are not necessarily correct! Theres no need to list the men and women who persevered against main stream opinion and ridicule to make great scientific breakthroughs and change the world we live in and the way that we do things, and there will be plenty more...

The universe is profoundly amazing and there are miracles all around us. Most people deny themselves their full potential and continually need others to tell them what is possible and what's not. Don't wait for others to validate you or your beliefs and experiences, don't live other peoples values, and remarkable things begin to happen. I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that my concsiousness extended and existed beyond my physical body as a very small child, and for anyone to tell me otherwise was and is ludicrous to me, but unless you have experienced it then its probably a bit of a stretch for the imagination, like trying to imagine how something tastes without having eaten it...
If you give something a fair trial and put in reasonable effort and don't get a result then maybe its not for you! Doesn't mean that it didn't work for someone else. You can spend 4 years at university but it doesn't guarantee a degree or professional qualification..some will make it others won't. But if I fail its not valid to say that the course is a scam or that it doesn't work.