I totally agree with all said here and I wanted to add something on the awareness or witnessing as Bill Harris calls it.

When you are not feeling good that's the first signal that you are not thinking positive thoughts or you are constantly but unconsciously obsessing on some negative thought or belief.

Awareness means making it conscious and also taking responsibility that we create these emotions or thoughts. At that very moment it is very crucial to watch with curiosity, without judgment. May be asking yourself "how do I do not trusting myself?" or "how do I do being insecure?" or whatever the issue you are dealing with is. As you do that you will notice the way we use our mind, our belief system and everything available to us, to create our reality.

And there isn't much more than that needed because once you become aware, you just don't do those things that don't serve you anymore. You do them only when you are not aware that you are doing them. PL helps when these issues are more deeply rooted and they stem from an emotional trauma of some sorts.