Hello Wendy and Waterbird, I have had some of the same challenges with Jeddah Mali's work. With Seeds... i had agitation problems about half way through, enough that at the time i thought it was something i must have heard, that i did not like. I went back to my SFQ studies and tried to ignore it! After a month i was curious as to what it was that bothered me as i knew Master Mali is a great teacher. I went back, started from beginning, heard more than i ever did previously, it was wonderful!
Then i started Embracing Freedom coarse, and am loving it, however i too find myself holding my breath or just not breathing!! I thankyou Wendy for your answers to Waterbird, also thankyou Waterbird for asking and explaining so well. I have not had this happen before; at first i thought i was listening so intently that i forgot to breathe or i was meditating in a deep enough manner that i was just noticing that i was not requiring as many breaths...does that make any sense? is it o.k. to just let it be? curious!!

Nancy