Originally Posted By: Starchild
Hello CPW1,

But do you know that, if you compost all of your kitchen scraps plus any kind of manure and add it to the soil, you do not have all those stresses and bugs. The plants grow pretty strongly. And if you add purified water through a very good filter to remove chlorine and fluoride and all other pesticides.

I have moved here in Tasmania only recently. I live in a 3 brm. cottage with a small very rocky garden as this is the area for it. To grow a few organic vegetables I had to cut in half an old water tank, remove the bottom and top and fill up the two vats with soil. Now I did order a particular soil, rich in manure, but that is not what was delivered. So I had to add lots of manure and I planted tomatoes in one vat and silver beets and lettuce in the other vat. Plus radishes.

Starchild
Do have Worms to they will do great wonders for your plants,sometimes plants will not use the compost but worms will break the compost down even more for the plants, worms also airrate they roots and break up the soil making the roots grow deeper and fully. My plants also love compost juice too I catch the juice mix it with water a bucket put a airstone in the bucket for 1 or 2 days to adjust the PH level to between 6 or 7 ,Sorry to get off subject but I love gardening and plants.