Originally Posted By: Flying Heart
...how many assumptions you both have about rich people, without ever defining what 'rich' means to you....I would love to know....

Ok, let's assume I was talking about one of the people from Forbes list smile

Quote:
...I pray all the time, treat God like a friend who is there, not always able to answer the phone when I call, but who has an A/M and can and does get back to me.

How is that possible when God is everywhere? Even if you talk about A/M - God is in every single bit of that piece of equipment, and believe me, He hears every thought we might have...

Quote:
If we are sabotaging ourselves, we won't be given the gift we ask for as it would be wasted. So, the logical and spiritual conclusion I have experienced is that to ask for something, and to have any hope of receiving it, you have to have cultivated a high level of accountability towards it.

True! And I am more than sure that God gives something to people that will change Universe in the way He wants the Universe to be. Maybe this is one of the answers why so many rich people become philanthropists, it is just in them, and they do what they feel like doing.

Quote:
Now I want to do some wealth building of a different sort and so am contemplating what to ask for and what my part of the bargain is. This is the most exciting part.

With the right attitude it is a piece of cake! But excitement in this field is really tremendous! I just think that I am a bit younger than you, so I don't quite understand yet that excitement, but I already experienced some of it, and your store how you got out of debt is very interesting indeed.

Quote:
...you have to do a 'deal' with God, if you see what I mean, and throw the outcome up to him. It's a contract. You have to fulfil your part of it no matter what. You may not get wealth in the way you were expecting, but you will always get wealth that is right for you.

Well, don't you think that the word "contract" is a bit inappropriate in relationship to God? He is our friend, not a business partner, maybe even more than friend, maybe the only Being, who loves us more than even our parents love us?

Quote:
Scientific studies have shown that in cities where large-scale meditation (TM) has been conducted, crime rates have reduced.

I am thinking that it's not because of meditation, rather because of some observation by a group of people. Observation changes reality more than a group pf meditating people, although they also play a great part in it!

Quote:
Each person can fulfil their potential in a different way - that's why God made us all so different and gave us free will. He is allowing us to choose to do what we can and want to do, and is no doubt having a wonderful time stewarding us all through this process of self-discovery.

hehe, I think that it's pretty difficult to be a God, and I don't think he's having so much wonderful time controlling everything in such a beautiful world. Just see how everything is controlled, and how well it is done, even marvelous! I love to be in summer in my cottage that is located outside of the city, it's so quiet, and I can observe sunrise, sunset, and beautiful clouds, and just wonder - how is it all possible to take care of smile

Quote:
I can warmly recommend you to read 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven' by Mitch Albom.

So many wonderful books yet to read, but I'll put this one on my to-read list, maybe one day I'll come by it smile Frankly speaking, I don't believe in Heaven or hell, I think that even after death my soul will enter a new body, and everything will continue, as it was - new world, new expectations, new girlfriends, and so on smile