Dear Uly,

first of all, I do not think that a doctor or anyone else "heals" another person, the body heals itself if we allow it. I am about to start the SFQ course and I have no experience yet with it but I would like to share my views. I think whether you use Reiki, Qigong or any other energy healing method - the method itself does not heal, it only provides the energy to help your body heal itself.

My grandfather died of cancer and though I am a Reiki teacher - I was not able to heal him - all I could do was to accompany him. My mother-in-law died of cancer and all I could do was to accompany her. Though she fought hard against cancer she was not willing to accept Reiki or anything except the medicine given by the doctor. She said she wanted to live but I always had the feeling that the illness provided some unconscious advantages to her. Of course, she was not aware of them and not willing to look at them, but it was her decision which I had to respect.

I can only provide energy to help the other person's body heal itself but I am not the healer, because the source of this energy is the Universe. If the body does not heal then maybe the illness serves a higher purpose, maybe it serves your spiritual growth or whatever you are meant to learn.

The body you live in, will die anyway one day - but that which you really are, is eternal.

I have the impression that you feel stuck. From my experience, whenever I was stuck, I started to allow myself to accept the situation as it is, and then I became open to change. (If I cannot change a situtation, why should I waste my energy to fight it? To resist it?)

Wishing you peace, love and healing,

Astrid