I am not aware of the severe mental affects of Spring Forest Qigong. It is a very gentle, easy system. Start your Mom with the foundations from level one and have her progress from there.

All illness is the result of blocked energy which can have numerous causes: environmental, emotional, diet and so on. Qigong helps to restore balance to the body. If she is open to practicing Qigong, have her start with Level One Active Exercises. If she at the moment is physically unable to practice this way, have her do the Small Universe Meditation and Self-Concentration.

These meditations in addition to helping her to open up her channels can also help her to relax which aids in the healing process a great deal.

You can also help to heal her by practicing Spring Forest Qigong yourself. Before even knowing the particulars of this modality you can send healing messages to your Mother's body. The key is to be as positive and confident as you can. visualize her smiling, relaxed, her organs funcitoning efficiently. Talk to her immune system lovingly direct it to balance the energy in her body. You can do this right now and throughout the day. It's helpful. Seeing her in healing light helps, too. Another visualization that works well for me as well as when I help heal people is recalling the health and vitality of their youth. Sending beautiful healing messages to their cells. Picturing them as powerful, smiling healthy human beings able to do the things they enjoy doing. See this as occuring right now, in the moment. Make a practice of this and supplement the practice by learning level 1 and 2. Level one helps you to heal yourself and level 2 helps you to heal other people. But even in Level one you are introduced to ways of helping other people.

Best wishes to you and your Mom,

Remedios

Last edited by remedios; 12/30/10 01:57 PM.