Hi Bonnie!

First, I completely ran out of time, but had planned on inviting you to the workshop since you are in the Bay Area! You are more than welcome to come as my guest to my April 9th, The Love Course, and I will send you details personally once everything is drafted smile

The place that I held my workshop, Liquid Marin, has a great email list. One of the options they offer is to email to their list about your workshop for a split instead of hourly rent. Everyone in their database shops at their store in Marin, so 99% live in the Bay Area.
My 24 went like this:
5 from my list
14 from Liquid Marin's list
5 friend referrals from Liquid Marin sign ups.
I put a sign up at the local alternative bookstore, but at the point I was almost full. Just making sure to try different things. Also 2 facebook posts and the front page and workshop page of my website, craigslist, Marin Mommies event page and San Rafael Patch's website.

Possibly useful:
I put up a shopping cart on my website so that folks could sign up for class without playing phone tag. There were a couple of mornings I woke up to money in my paypal smile 4 people brought me checks that day, but I had most of the money stuff taken care of as I firmly believe people put more attention on things they have paid for. Two of my no-shows had registered, but never made it clear how they were going to pay. The other two got sick and I refunded them.