Greetings Everyone!

I've been practicing Spring Forest Qi Gong for a year and a half now, just about every day until recently. This is my first time on the forum. During the telephone sessions I can feel the qi moving all over my body. I have several illnesses and I believe the qi is working on all of them. Master Lin says to notice how good you feel during the meditations. I used to feel great and connect to the oneness, feeling as if I had left my body and was floating. About 6 months ago I began to feel pain during the telephone sessions. The pain started in my knee, later went from my feet to my waist on one side. This side has osteoarthritis in the hip from an old injury. I sometimes need to use a cane, sometimes have a limp, had limited range of motion, and have had hip pain on and off for years. I noticed I had more range of motion after the first few painful sessions.

What has developed over time is that now I have pain that feels like an electrical current that goes up and down that leg, ending at the foot with an involuntary twitch. It comes in waves which can be only seconds apart to many minutes apart. This pain is far worse than the pain I had before from the injury and arthritis. The pain has increased in intensity and is now just about unbearable. Sometimes I have to end the meditation early because I can't stand it. Master Lin has often said that arthritis and structural damage are difficult blockages and sometimes there is pain as part of the healing.

I had a telephone coaching session with one of the masters at SpringForest Qi Gong and she said to welcome the pain as it was the qi healing me. I have tried to do that and I would end up gritting my teeth, crying and watching the clock, forcing myself to stay put until the session was ended. Now the pain does not end after the sessions. The pain goes on, like an electrical shock almost, all night long most nights even when there has been no telephone meditation. In fact all I have to do is lie down at some point after doing small universe or active exercises or even listening to the consistent practice cd and I will have the pain. (It only starts after Master Lin comes on the cd.) Now I have begun to experience the pain while doing small universe seated. Sometimes I even have it while sitting down to eat dinner. Taking along gentle qi gong breath using all my skin can start the pain. I don't feel the pain when I stand up or walk so I walk around the house most of the nights. My doctor says he can't find anything wrong with my lower body that would cause this pain. I have not slept a full night--or more than a few hours at a time in many weeks now and I feel just awful. I approach the telephone meditations with anxiety now and I have to work hard to convince myself to practice at all. Often I don't.

I fear I am going to have to give up the telephone sessions and even doing qi gong altogether. Has anyone had a similar experience? Have any suggestions? I am at a loss to know what to do or how to stop this pain which has gone on for so long.

Thank you. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.