Greetings, Trixie!

When I find myself struggling in any area of my life, when nothing I am doing seems to be working, when I feel stuck in physical, or emotional pain, I find it useful to surrender as best as I can in any given moment to love. Let your love guide you to the way to practice that will give you the best, most profound and lasting results. You can do this best by focusing on your heart. Master Lin says that when we focus on our hearts it gives us an all side view of situations.

I find that when I stop or slow down my practice when intense feelings of pain come up or I am not getting the results I want fast enough that this slows down the process even more and my fear of my own pain my sense of disappointment creates more blockages which also affects the rate at which I heal. This is when our practice can become the most challenging for us and what helps the most for me is calling on the universal love energy over and over again and visualizing myself pain free, healthy, loved, and enjoying life. You, right now are in the process of transforming the energy of your pain into something better. I generally associate any feelings of pain for myself as someplace inside of me (that may have manifested outside of me into pain or illness) where I don’t feel loved and sometimes most importantly in my experience realizing that pain can develop when I am also pushing love away (consiously or unconscioulsy blocking it because in some ways due to life experiences pain {especially emotional} felt more normal to me.)

A relationship analogy to Qigong might be useful here: for me, at times I can fall into pushing people’s love away because being loved by someone can sometimes bring up reminders of being mistreated, so even more pain emerges and this pain can sometimes make me run away from the person or (energy) that just wants to love me. But when I surrender to love energy, the powerful universal love energy, the painful feelings might come up for awhile but then feelings of connection and peace start emerging until this feels much more natural to me. Imagine the world, the universe, supporting you, comforting you, and loving you and letting you know that you are not alone and that your health and well being matters a great deal, see yourself as joyous, pain free and doing the things you love. Then imagine yourself as a baby again bathed in sunlight and receiving so much love energy, and wonderful affection, lots of nurturing and care and see yourself as happy, energetic and marveling at the glory and beauty of this world. Feel your heart completely open and all of your organs radiating with light and love. Find the most unconditionally loving perspective and visualizations for yourself to work with as you continue your Qigong practice (if that makes sense for you) and adjust it as you see fit.