I, too use a square of blue carpet that is not strictly square. It's the best alternative since my NE sector is in my bedroom this year. I have it framed in a yellow (NE) picture frame and I am thinking of changing the picture frame's color to red, an enhancing color for the NE. I worked on my SE quadrant today cleaning and refurbishing its appearance. I have had a large picture of a sailboat at full sail headed inward, however, it does not appear to be working too well so I removed it today. Something tells me I should try a picture of a mountain for a period of time. The current mountain picture I do have is Mt. Everest and it shows some snow. I'm going to try it anyway for now. I have ordered another mountain picture today of Mt. Whitney without snow. As soon as it comes in I'm placing it in my SE quadrant. Sometimes this DFS stuff does feel a bit overwhelming, however, as Marie says, experiment until it works for you. So, if I can just get 1 task accomplished, at least I've done something. I am still not absolutely sure if our home is in period 7 or period 8 yet. For awhile there I had activations and cures up for both periods, Anyway, I have decided it must be in period 8 and I'm tweaking the activations and cures; colors, elements, plants, etc. Also, I still have a problem with clutter, it just seems to multiply on its own.