Can I just add my two cents and Wendy please correct me if I say anything wrong here.

I am relatively new to all this and it does sound bizarre.

This is what I have come to realise

All our lives we have been conditioned to believe the thinking mind rules the show, Rational thought is what it is all about, feelings, emotions are just bi products of the thinking mind and are treated as wasteful non useful aspects or our selves.

The saying don't let your heart rule your head is an example of where we are now.

Yes, these things sound irrational to your logical thinking mind, your ego, your identity based on your conditioned belief systems which has taken a life time to hem the real 'you' inside its ever so limiting cage.

Yes your central nervous system is taking care of your breathing but what Jeddah (I think) is trying to say is that your logical rational ego does not have to think about breathing. It will be perfectly fine (probably far better off even) without your conscious intervention.

Your whole body has as much to offer you as your thinking mind.

What is aware that you are thinking? When you become aware that you can see your thoughts you start to become aware that you are NOT your thoughts.

The heart I think is the real ruler (if there is one) and it should be listened to.

How you listen to its subtle messages is through feelings ie whether something feels right or wrong TO YOU.

This material is not fundamentally new, but its presented in a refreshing innovative manner. If you listen to say Jon Kabit Zin, Shinzen Young, Eckahrat Tolle, they are basically say the same thing which has been the message of buddhism, yoga and the like for eons.

I never ever thought of myself as spiritual or whatever that means but I got into all this when I realized "Its all about energy". I could almost feel some peoples energy and thought I was going mad. So I started researching it and discovered this whole spirituality field. I have always shunned religion, and its dogma which has taken messages of great spiritual teachers and twisted it for the their own ends - which is basically to make people live in fear.

Even science agrees, Quantum physics says that there must be one consciousness or we would all see different things. Then there is the whole aspect of wave and particle phenomena. Read Dr Fred Allan Wolf who is a quantum physicist. When you do read the Quantum scientists material they always end up sounding like buddhists..

Go with it. Honestly its changed my life. You are responsible for everything about your life, good and bad.

If you want more scientific based material so your rational thinking mind can feel comfortable I reccommend Shinzen Youngs The Science of Enlightenment.

He is good but predominantly Zen based. What I like about Jeddahs material is that this is not treated as an un attainable goal (except for those who can suffer twenty years living on a few grains of rice, sitting in silence for twenty years in a Japanese Zen monastry) but rather is our natural state. Its not a journey with no end. You are it now, just realise it.

Last edited by KentSydney; 04/29/12 02:47 AM.