It is possible that as you were doing the healing a blockage occurred. Perhaps something triggered you. Remember in Qigong that when you are doing healing on others you are also healing yourself. And sometimes symptoms might get a little worse to indicate that channels in you are opening up and the blockage is being released. Or a blockage you didn’t even know you had might come up for you to release. Maybe on some level you felt worried about your friend or unsure of your ability to help her to heal.

This happens to me sometimes when I work on a close family member or friend. I might be too emotionally invested in their healing that I become too attached and less of an effective healer. Going into the emptiness (or one-ness) where there is no judgment is what’s best. Visualize and feel yourself in bright light as you work on healing other people. This is also very beneficial in protecting your energy. It works wonders! Focus on your heart. Trust that the energy knows what to do and that your love, even though it might not seem so and no matter the outcome, is being appreciated and well received for the highest benefit of not only your friend’s health but for yours, too.

Focus on your lower dan-tien. Ask for guidance from the universe, God, whatever helps you feel the most nurtured, confident, powerful and supported. When you are finished make sure you see the light spinning in your lower dantien getting smaller until it becomes like an energy pill. Rub your hands together and rub your face, your ears or do even more ending exercises in order to allow the energy to go to the places in you that need healing.

Above all keep consistently practicing the exercises. Small universe, especially. Also level 1 and 2 active exercises such as breathing of the universe, etc. Sounds like you’re a really caring friend, JoelH. All the best to you!