Hi all,

I was talking to a local Chi Kung practitioner in my area. I told her about Spring Forest Qigong and that I am using Qigong to heal a heart defect. I was quite surprised by her response.

She said that Qigong is a very powerful healing art but it must be learned from a teacher or Master only and not from a DVD or CD. She added that The Small Universe is an advanced exercise and not to be practised by somebody who has not even started properly yet. It is important to clear other blockages before doing the Small Universe.

Finally she said her genuine advise is to find a teacher who can teach me good Qigong with chi flow. Especially because of my heart condition she said I should not continue with the CD, as it is too advanced for where I am at the moment and one other piece of advice is it is never advisable to send chi or energy to your heart area. It is too strong and will weaken the heart instead of strengthen it.

I am now very confused and worried. I would love to hear anyone's opinions or advice as I really want to try Qigong.