I've never been able to visualize, not in the sense that every self-help program seems to require. How does one take advantage of these programs (I have four paraliminals) when one isn't able to visualize?

I've been told it's not necessary to actually "see" things because it is. The programs are very specific about imagining thus and so scene or whatever.

The Silva program, which I spent $500 on and flunked because I wasn't able to do even one of the exercises, was the first to tell me that. I flunked because I wasn't able to imagine myself, my consciousness, for instance, going into a wall and describing what it felt like, looked like, etc. Actually "seeing" IS necessary.

What does one do? I've tried brain entrainment using binaural beats, isochronic (sp?), as well as hypnosis (I'm always told to imagine, see, etc.), and, of course, my paraliminals, all with no success.

What's a mother to do? (My wife used to say that. That is, my EX-wife used to say that. She probably still does. I just like the phrase; that's why I included it here, even though I'm in no way equipped to be a mother.) smile

I seem to be unable to fully relax, not able to rid my body of its constant 24-hour-a-day tension, including in my head. So, perhaps that's part of it. I also have been diagnosed with ADD, which doesn't allow me to stay still for very long and concentrate for very long.

Any suggestions?