I've read or rather listened to literally thousands of hours of iTunes ( it is so convenient ) 'spiritual' audiobooks on my iPhone including Jeddah.

They seem to be basically two categories
1) The ' You can manifest and intend Anything in life you want' type, which Jeddah loosely falls into.

Also The Secret, most Wayne Dyer stuff, The Hicks and the Abraham channelling etc etc

2) The zen / Buddhist type where you accept the present moment with complete acceptance and don't attach to any outcome or even attempt to understand anything.

Eg the likes of Eckhart Tolle, all Zen ( I love Zen Mind, Begginers Mind), day shanti, Permanent Chodren, Nhat Hanh, Alan Watts.

The two categories although similar in many ways seem too be poles apart. The first actually seems to reinforce the ego as you can have all the money, sports cars, fame and adoration you want ( not that there is anything wrong in this) whereas the second says try and realise the ego is an illusion created to stop you going crazy and to give you a sense of identity which for all intensive purposes doesn't actually exist.

This is where I am confused as Jeddah has several meditations on intention, willing and allowing. How do I really know what I want though, to be honest I am leaning towards the more zen approach of accepting that I don't really know what is best for me and to accept reality for what it is and not to try and control life.

Control and attachment seems to bring about suffering doesn't it? I have felt deeply contented with the zen approach of just accepting reality and not trying to want anything to happen as its just not possible for the ego to grasp really what is going on ie just trust everything is perfect.

So my question is where does Jeddah stand on the manifesting stuff v accepting it as it is debate?

I love Jeddahs material as I have said but I have this stumbling block I can't reconcile

Thanks