Hi Wendy,
Many thanks for your reply, again.
I was actually going to delete my post as I thought it was disrespectful, maybe? Unlike Jeddah I haven't spent 10 years or more in various monasteries being taught by Lama Rimpoches, The Dalai Lama and many others. I've listened to a few audiobooks thats all, and apologise if I came across as some enlightened master!

Just to put myself in context.

I did transcendental mediation 20 or so years ago and did have one amazing experience where everything went white, it was so blissful, I literally disappeared and couldn't remember who I was , well i had no thoughts about remembering or anything , it all stopped and expanded to fill everything. So I couldn't even get back if I wanted and I wanted to stay there forever. But as I was hardly breathing I think my reflexes brought me back I felt amazing for days after and I was the person I always tried to be, confident, uninhibited, popular. I was somehow spooked though as I was worried I would meditate and then disappear and stay there forever. My ego was threatened by its non existance perhaps?So I give it up and only in the last two or so years have started with this stuff again.

Anyway I agree the two approaches are the same. What I like about Zen is that they openly talk about getting rid of the ego and I can't see a good reason why the ego should be maintained. They are selfish, grasping, me me me.

I think I would be confident with intending things when I became continuous conscious awareness but until then I will stick with the not knowing thing. It's easier and less stressful I think.

I like Lao Tzu's quote. Something like life is won by letting things take its own course.

I like Jeddahs simple way that if it feels good then that's the way to go and if it feels bad stay away . It's all about being happy I think, but even that is a form as Jeddah says.

I will continue with listening to Zen stuff while Jeddah prepares some new material!

I haven't brought infinite grace yet so I am looking forward to that. ( any chance Learning Strategies can put it on iTunes ?- it's all about me!)

I'm just off to sit for an hour in zarzen meditation, as they say the practice is the goal.

You have to have fun with this and I know I'm coming across as so so earnest but these are interesting questions and I love this stuff. I wish I'd discovered this years ago as my life is transformed.

Thanks again

Last edited by KentSydney; 11/01/12 08:50 AM.