Zakyrus probably doesn't have the funds or the time to attend an official class for now. I'm on the other side of the world and living in a third world country, I don't have the means to attend a class too, but the Level 1 and 2 courses are enough for me to progress, along with some of the other qigong systems I'm practicing. All you need to progress is an open heart, a focused mind and lots of time and perseverance. In fact, it wasn't qigong that opened my awareness to energy, it was my openness with the aid of my own experiments and meditations, I meditated every night trying to connect with the source and see for myself if something was gonna happen, and after a few months I could feel the energy pulsing and flowing through my body like electricity but it was benevolent and not painful, I was uncomfortable at first but I learned to live in peace with the sensations, It got stronger and stronger with more practice and time. After a few months, I got into qigong thanks to that famous "John Chang" video on YouTube. I believe it was no coincidence that I saw that video, that video ignited a fire in me, a deep longing for something. It was my openness and sincerity that made me aware of qi and not the practices, the practices are just an aid or a tool to connect you to the universe. There is nothing and no one blocking your way to the source, all you need is your body and mind. I think I don't need a teacher to be physically with me right now just to connect with the universe and to strengthen my qi.

Sadly, there are many "Masters" out there who are secretly selfish, some of their teachings are full of useless dogma and rules that may make a beginner confused or worried. I like what Master Lin said "There is no right or wrong way to practice SFQ, there is only good, better and best." I think this applies to most if not all qigong systems, you can see some forms of qigong like Yi Jin Jing vary from practitioner to practitioner because there is no right or wrong way to practice it, only good, better and best. Some "Masters" are just too selfish to make their students realize that there is no right or wrong way to practice qigong. Masters like Master Lin are very rare, there may be some more out there but they are probably hiding and meditating in a temple, a cave or a forest somewhere.

Someday, after some time, I hope my energy would be strong enough to help me teach and heal others for many hours a day. I still have many rivers to cross and mountains to climb, but I know I'll make it there in time.

Last edited by Metal372466; 01/12/13 05:04 AM.