<<Dang! You DON'T collect shrunken heads??>>

Not any more, no. I have a nice ear collection going, though....

If it's a good post, it's because it rings true to people who have observed this counter-intuitive scenario before. Women aren't attracted to wimps, just like men aren't attracted to bulls. Even when we realize this, it seems that when we meet a woman we really like, we become wimps again--which of course takes all the excitement out of us for them. Nice guys are a dime a dozen. Intelligent, cocky, assertive, funny, self-possessed men aren't. When this dawns on you, you immediately have a leg up on everyone else (so to speak...perhaps a poor choice of words given the topic...). Women want to be made to feel excitement, not boredom, even after marriage. Why do you think most divorces are filed by women? It's not because we're a bunch of abusive, drunken louts...it's because we become boring. I learned this the hard way. Women may SAY they want a Sensitive New Age Guy, but when actually confronted with one who expresses romantic interest, their skin crawls. I don't know what the psychology of this is, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were hardwired for it from way, way back...the strongest caveman, after all, was the best protector and provider. Unfortunately, it wasn't until AFTER my wife divorced me that all this started to click, I started paying attention, trying it out. It's magic.

Fortunately, many many guys never get it (keeping the field more open for the rest of us), because in this day and age it IS so counter-intuitive. It requires--and I hate using this cliched phrase, but I think it's appropriate--a paradigm shift, and not just a change in thinking, but a change in behavior. We have been trained to WANT to be wimpy. Where, outside of the military, are we really ever initiated into manhood when we're young?