Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
How do you know you're visualising a red apple and not a green one? Why are you mentioning a red apple in your post? Where did the idea come from?

First of all, I am not visualizing anything—no red apple, no green apple. I'm imagining such a thing, but only in blackness, in which I "see" or "visualize" nothing.

I remember in words such a thing as a red apple; you're not going to trick me there. I'm not "seeing" a red apple. I'm remembering there is such a thing.

If there is a red apple sitting in front of me, I can remember that it is a red apple from descriptions given me as a youth. I'm not visualizing the red apple in front of me; I'm "seeing" it with my eyeballs.

To visualise is different than developing the third eye.

I'm not so sure, having experienced neither.

Visualising is the mental creation of an image. Like deciding where to put a table in a room. Design a building or choosing clothes. You mentally create an image. It disappears quickly.

Right, an "image", not blackness. I decide where to put a table in a room by my eyesight and mental processes, which you, undoubtedly will describe as visualization.

Call it what you like. I just move stuff around until I like what I see with my eyeballs. If I see a space in the room, I can move something there to see if I like it. If you want to call that process visualization, fine. Play with your words.

I choose clothes because I like their colors—with my eyeballs. I don't mentally create an image. The image is right there in front of me. I "see" it; I don't visualize it. It's already there. I choose the clothes because I like them.

However mental creation is usually the putting together of remembered images. It's easier for me to visualise a hippo in a tutu than a polar bear in a bikini because I have seen a hippo in a tutu.

To me, you're just playing around with words. The point is, I do not know how to form mental "images" to the point that I would describe them as visualizations.

Blackness is not visualization. You may think it is, but I don't. I'd trade my blackness for your ability to visualize any day. Then maybe you'd "see" what I'm talking about.

I've seen neither a hippo nor a polar bear dressed as you suggest. Yet, if I were to describe what you described to my friend, he would be able to visualize such a beast, even though he'd never seen one before. THAT'S visualization!

Seeing with the 3rd eye is a different experience again. I was asking if you were working on opening seeing with the third eye.

I'm using various aural and visual means of trying to open my third eye, all to no avail. Yet, I continue to pursue that worthy goal.

You realise you must have visualised when you assigned me a gender.

No, you just talk like a male. While Alex can be assigned to a female, it is more than likely a male. The odds are with me. smile