Hi Arielle!

Santosha is absolutely right that turning to the breath can be a great way to quiet "monkey mind."

Here are a couple of other thoughts that might be helpful. From a totally pragmatic standpoint, if what is passing through your mind is your shopping list, your agenda for the day or things of that nature, stop your meditation and note down what needs to be recorded. Thank your conscious mind for sharing, assure it you have recorded what needs to happen and ask it to now step aside while you proceed with your meditation.

Another technique is to observe the thoughts as they pass by like clouds in the sky or leaves in a stream. Sometimes when you bring in visual imagery like that, it is easier to let them go on their way. Just thank them for sharing and watch them float away.

One other aspect I have noticed with Marie's Tubes of Light Meditation is that if you tune in to the top of your "Magical Hat" before and during your meditation, you tend to have less involvement by the conscious mind and will stay more connected to the Quantum Field. People who are using Marie's Quantum Dowsing and finding it challenging to get responses from their dowsing rods often find this makes a huge difference in the effectiveness of their practice.

I hope these pointers are helpful. I know how frustrating it can be when your mental chatter keeps intervening, but the more you go with the flow and don't judge what is going on, the easier it will be to stay in that centered, expansive space you are seeking.

Good luck!

Much love,
Wendy