Hi M,

Thanks so much for your reply, I found it very encouraging and helpful. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, things have been a bit busy here.

Taking the practice down to 20 minutes to half an hour a day has really helped my legs, though a lot of tiredness and tension still seems to collect in them which wasn't the case before I started doing the Qigong which I find a little odd. I've also started 'warming them up' by doing a few circles with my ankles etc. before doing the physcial exercises which is what we do at tai chi class, and that seems to help, too.

Fragrant Qigong sounds interesting. Do you do it to incense or essential oils or something? I usually have my essential oil lamp on anyway, it's just something I do when I get home from work at night to help me relax.

I like that: only good, better and best ways to practice. Need to take another look through the manual I think! But first on with the physical exercises for tonight. Hope you're managing to stick with it, too. I find I sleep sooooo well if I do them right before bed, so that's what I've been doing most days. I wake up in the morning feeling so at peace and rested, even if I don't yet manage to keep that feeling with me all day long.

Hope it's been helping with your anxiety, too. Have you noticed any improvements at all? I found that deep breathing into the situation when I was having some problems with a student (I'm an esl teacher) helped me to remain calm and maintain a loving attitude despite her decidedly unloving one, so I'm glad to say I think it's already having some small but very positive effects on my daily life.

Take care and see you around

julia

Last edited by juliag; 07/15/13 02:34 PM.