Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
Coming back to visualisation and the loss of the ability to mentally see with clarity, which is what I understand you are looking for to succeed with using the Silva Method is dropped when the logical brain starts taking over. When we develop language.

1. I don't ever remember being able to visualize with clarity. Possibly to do with two incidents—first, shortly after birth, and second, in fourth grade when I got hit in the forehead with a line drive while I was playing 3rd base. The first instance set things up when I actually died for a short time, causing my blood vessels in my brain to clump up somehow. When I got hit in the head, those blood vessels burst, leaving me partially paralyzed. It wasn't until they took out some spinal fluid that I felt some relief (about the 4th or 5th day in the hospital), I presume from taking pressure off of the brain.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but it is what it is. I don't recall ever having anything appear in my mind with clarity, or even unclarity, with or without my eyes closed.

2. I'm not sure at least some the things I was asked to do in the Silva Method had anything to do with visualization. For
instance, having my consciousness (or something) and go into the wall, feeling everything there, smelling everything there, etc., or floating up toward the ceiling, through the ceiling, and on up, etc. I have no memories of those kinds of things. I'm assuming this is more in the realm of I-don't-know-what.

If you saw what the eye actually sees you'd be surprised at your eyes open visualisation skills.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to here. What are open visualization skills in reference to the rest of the sentence? Thanks.

The brain paints a picture so it's not surprising when we miss stuff right in front of our nose.

Not exactly sure what you're referring to here, either.

As I said the skill severely atrophies as we get older and by the age of 40 most have very little skill seeing eyes closed visualising.

What causes it to never have existed?

There are techniques that can recover the skill, thankfully the proof of our brains neuroplasticity is helping more to "believe" that they can acquire the skill again.

Not sure what neuroplasticity is. I don't know if I believe I can acquire the skill for the first time or not, although, I have had those incidences I mentioned in my last post. However, I do seem to be somewhat in a drought recently. Nothing's been happening in that visualization place, which is not behind the eyeballs.

One method is to play with the technique taught in the Genius Code Course yes in the beginning the images seem more vague but they do develop more minds eye clarity.

I checked out the Genius Code and, unfortunately, it's out of my wallet's skill set.

Another technique that enhances visualisation skills is is to stand in front of a picture and then close your eyes to see it. It too helps to describe it out loud.

Do you mean describe it when my eyes are open or when they're shut? If you mean when they're shut, then it will be a very short description because I've never been able to "see" anything after doing that, either behind my eyeballs or in the visualization place.

Besides that, I don't know how to find this visualization place. When it has appeared at all, it's been completely unbidden and so small that I can hardly make anything out. I've never been able to maintain the image or enlargen it.

A Silva Instructor challenged someone difficulty visualising to do this 10 minutes. It was interesting when that person returned from the break reported it became a bit easier. This instructor also took the fruit exercise from the course further.

If I can discipline myself to do something like this for 10 minutes, I'll give it a try. With the lack of focus and attention span that comes with ADD, it's hard for me to sit still that long, especially if I don't get immediate results. It's been tough that way for me, pretty much as far back as I can remember, which isn't far. The memory of my past pretty much escapes me, except little tidbits that come when I'm reminded of something. Maybe that's one reason why I have trouble with visualization: because I have trouble with memory recall.

With your minds eye bring in a knife or sword, make the handle of the sword ornate and then cut the apple in half and if you do it with a good swing...

I don't know how to do this. Yet, even as I spoke, I sort of did it, but not all the ornate stuff. I didn't "see" anything and my eyes were even open at the time. I was looking slightly down and to the left and whatever happened was farther out to my left. Weird. No color, no anything. I can do it with my eyes closed as well - in the middle of my head, I think. I can swing a make-believe knife onto a make-believe apple and put the blade through the apple, but it seems I have to mentally push at the apple to get it to fall over on each side, one side at a time. I guess that's progress.

You need to repeat the exercise and change the objects. It needs exercise to develop that atrophied skill.

It's not atrophied; it's never been there.

The Silva secret. The fundamental 3

Desire, Belief EXPECTATION

I emphasise expectation because unless we expect to succeed we won't. We get exactly what we expect.

I don't know where I am with that. The desire's there.

You fake it until you make it. You trust what you're getting and run with it. Take it from there where you are. Right now you're analysing it into the bin. Yet I think you're throwing it away too soon.

I don't know how to fake smelling stuff, or fake feeling stuff, or hearing hearing stuff, which is what you were referring to. I am very analytical, that's for sure, but I'm not sure what you mean by your last two sentences.

With your post, I'm getting the understanding that you're looking to get the visualisation skills right to succeed manifesting using the Silva Method.

Not exactly. What frustrated me even more than not being able to visualize was not being able to move my consciousness out of my head, as in the two examples I mentioned earlier-the wall thing and the ceiling thing. Matrix Energetics requires one to move down into the heart space. It's fake it till you make it there, too, and I fake it, but my consciousness still remains in my head.

It's like the brain damage, which did damage (I don't know how much) to the basal ganglia and perhaps other areas in the central part of my brain, has caused a disconnect between the right and left hemispheres of my brain. I've felt this for a long, long time.

As a Certified Silva Ultrarmind Instructor. I can tell you that the visualisation aspect is largely creative memory.

Yes, I'm getting that.

If you've ever been given driving directions, turn right at the lights after the X landmark, you've created, visualised a route before you saw it.

Okay, I can see that.

What I've worked out, is we visualise and we visualise well, we just do it to sonic fast for our conscious mind. And we need to slow it down. That's were visualising fruit against a black background is a good place to start. Because fruit looks appetising against a black background and it's traditionally painted that way. Try looking at an orange against an orange background and then change it to pink.

There's the rub: slowing it down. If I can imagine anything at all, everything is all black—the apple, the background, the knife. Everything. There is no changing color because there is no color.

Another way to develop visualising skills and this is one for those who want to develop their intuitive psychic skills is to actually put the fruit in front of you. Study it, memorise it. Feel it, smell it and memorise that. Notice also your feelings, what energy, imagine if you will, do you sense. If you could see it what do you think it would look like.

What you're doing is creating a database and reference point.

I can see the sense in this. I'll have to try it. The feelings part, I'm not so sure about. I've never been able to call up past feelings and this is one reason I've never really had much, if any, success with Gary Craig's EFT.

The only energy I've ever been able to sense is from rubbing my hands together till they get heated up and then do the expanded ball exercise. Sometimes I can feel the energy ball when I bring my hands together, but most of the time I don't.

Like going into the metal and leaf exercise in the Silva course. They create reference points. For what you perceive. Then you will have more clarity when see, smell,hear touch what you create with the minds eye (visualise).

The metal and leaf exercises are vaguely vague in my memory, although I don't recall actually physically handling either. The instructor cut down the five-day course into three days, so I'm sure some things were cut down, if not left out.

Without that database you preconscious processor removes what it doesn't recognise.

I'm not certain what all that means.

I'm sorry it took so long to get back with you, but I missed the email that told me you had answered, and I just happened to stumble across it while deleting a lot of unopened email.

Lastly, thank you for your welcome back. smile