Hi Wim!

I understand what you are saying about the Self Acceptance meditation and am very aware that what people focus on they tend to create more of. That being said, however, I think the intent here is to acknowledge the superficial and contracted states that many people unfortunately connect with when they think about accepting themselves.

Jeddah is simply recognizing these common situations (which are really just experiments that aren’t working very well) and then using the meditation to move us out into experiences of those states with the more expanded energies of love, harmony, light, etc.

Without acknowledging where we are now, it is difficult to move forward because we don’t have any reference points. We might have a very vivid idea of where we want to end up, but setting out on a trip without knowing where you are starting from could be very challenging. It is possible you might eventually end up where you want to be, but it would probably be a circuitous and long winded route.

The “you are here” dot allows you to orient yourself relative to where you want to be. Until we get our heads out of the sand of illusions of incompetency, not enough, doubt, disappointment, etc. it is hard to see the final destination clearly. Pretending they are not there doesn’t do the job. We need to acknowledge what is going on and then do something about it – or perhaps I should say “be something about it!”

Don’t dwell on the perceived “negatives,” but let your energy flow through and around them in as expanded a way as possible. In fact, you might try imagining them as an opportunity to use your meditative muscle to maintain the expansion despite the challenge they present to you. Look at them as a part of The Path.

Much love,
Wendy

Last edited by Wendy_Greer; 04/15/14 10:26 PM.