Originally Posted By: Stweet
Adarsh,
Thank you for the inputs. As per your suggestions, I am fine tuning my purpose and mind probing questions.

Alex,
I just love the way you explain..things start making much more sense.

Quote:
What you're doing when activating is zeroing in to bring to conscious comprehension the information that, you, working with your preconscious processor would like to be aware of. You're pulling it up to create a conscious memory.

Well, does it mean I will have to pull out everything turn by turn in order to create a conscious memory of everything; if I desire so? [/quote/

Have to? No. Desire? Sure you may do so. Consider what you need and the time you have available.

[quote]I understand, I should be focusing on practicing rather being unnecessary analytic and inquisitive at this stage, but I chose to better get my doubts clear first.

Doubts fall away fastest by actual doing. You get results fastest too.

When I first worked with the Home study course to learn the steps of PhotoReading I looked at the forum then too. Then went, no, I think I better just follow along and do the course as best I can, then when I've done that come back to the forum. Different learning styles. I realised that I was in danger of analysing too much too. smile

Quote:
I did not understand why spotting/finding/searching the desired information at blazing fast speeds has been put more emphasis on in the book as the major benefit of PhotoReading .. and very little on recall?

You cannot recall something that hasn't been called upon in the first place. You call on it through activation. And there is a lot of emphasis on activation. Superreading and dipping is one of the activation steps, not the only way you can activate. For technical text you'll probably find skittering more appropriate.

Quote:
PhotoReading will surely help me find the location of the information I desire; with exact page and paragraph and line. Well, what about the info I do not have particular interest in?

If you have no interest, you have no purpose. Dump it and move on. In the USA alone there is 3 million books printed each year. Just the amount of books available in the US printed in the last 5 years alone means there is better choices better options than wasting time with a book or sections of a book you have no interest in.

(If you think that 3 million books a year is interesting, that's only officially published books, there's also self printed, and books from other English speaking countries.

So if you're not interested, dump it.

Quote:
Text I have not superread or dip or skitter over? This may sound funny, but I am afraid I might miss out vital info which I don’t find important but it actually is; from someone else’s point of view(Author/Examiner).

If you're not interested in the text and you will be examined in it, why are you studying the subject? Fine a purpose!!!!!!!

With a purpose, you won't miss what's important to the examiner.

By the way, you can ask the examiner what you need to know about the subject. It's usually outlined what you need to learn.

You'll miss it if you traditionally read it. Without a purpose and without an interest there is no active way you're going to access it.

At least when you PhotoRead it your preconscious processor has had access to it and you could spontaneously activate it with the exam questions.

You're trying ascertain that the tiniest part of your brain is conscious of everything and yet that portion of the brain is smaller than a peanut on a carpet that makes up your greater mind. And given how little you can access with your conscious mind in any given moment [7 plus or minus 2 bits of information a second] Your Conscious mind cannot ever know everything. You have to forget almost instantly to make room for the next ideas.

Quote:
In this case, knowing it all is what seems to be a wiser solution! No one would want to run into a situation like, “I have activated only what I found to be important, but now it seems something else was needed to be activated”! When we read consciously, slower may it be, we are well aware of what didn't interest us. We can well describe that!

Activate until you have the same or better comprehension of the text. Why do you stop so soon? You're prepared to traditionally read the text, a 6 to 12 hour block of reading but are not inclined to do 2 or 3 hours worth of activation with mind mapping.

Believe me with superreading and dipping and mind mapping 6 or 9 20 minute activation layers is more informative than 6 to 12 hours of just passive reading.

Quote:
Would it be feasible expectation for a beginner to obtain a richer recall of everything?

See above... even a beginner can get their reading done in 1/3 the time.

Quote:
I am yet to get my first breakthrough…I am excited about it. Will keep posted about my progress.

Thank you.

If you're keen get some books not relating to your studies and apply the 5 day test to them. I recommend doing that with at least 5 books before moving to textbooks.

Alex