Dont desire to know the book in entirety in the beginning.This is the biggest trap we all fall into!!!!This blocks all our attempts for more activations!!!
After you have Photo read just believe its with you.
Then don't worry too much about getting the right trigger words.Start of getting the trigger words in such a way you pick 20-25 of them from beginning of the text to the end(this is not really necessary once you have learnt how to use photoreading?)
Then once you do your incubation.Set a timer for 20 mins.Then get answers to your trigger words one question at a time.Try to cover the entire book in 1 20 min activation(thats why its recommended to start of with small books-around 200 pages!!!). Then initially you may have to do one more round of going through the entire book,so that you expose the entire book to your conscious mind.After many practices I got clear what i want from the book,now i just do one activation session fro 20 mins covering from the beginning to the end and i am clear what i want from the book or which chapter i need to focus on.I attack chapter wise.Activate chapterwise.get the system first.Let the book gel after many activations .Once you do this enough with enough questions,you will start getting a hang of the system.
My initial hang up was "ohh man so many activations why cant i just read it fully once through?"
then i realised the important of purpose and questions.
The i let go of the need to know it all immediately.That's a big hang up for many of us.Traditional speed reading or general reading trains us to do so...read once through and get hold of the book completely.
But learning comes when you first construct a structure and start filling the parts.Read the forum ,a recent post where Alex speaks of Painting.She has related understanding to painting a picture.Until it comes out fully we really don't know how it all looks.That analogy is great.
Just play,have fun,don't keep telling yourself i'm not getting it, i'm not getting it.That's the reason Learning Strategies don't want us to start of with Text books cause with a text book more or less the purpose is there but we don't understand how to use photo reading.
Each activation session get answers to your questions.then build on it and then then build some more.You will think its cumbersome.Unitl you enjoy it and you will only want to do this cause its really easy and great and real fun.And the best part you can get rid of your books if you want to(either half way or once you read it till it gels you will know it so well that you will never want to read it again!!!! ).
All the best...let go of the belief that you want to know it fully in one or 2 or 4 sessions instead activate until you know it till the level you want to know it(Hope you understand what i mean!!!!).

For 3 -4 books this will be the issue.Do as many activations till you get the book and then see what it is all about!!!!

many times you may fall into normal reading .Don't beat yourself up Notice it ,Observe it,Play with it,go through the photoreading book each session to see what Paul says about supereading and skittering.Refine your skills again and do one more.Then do one more and then do one more...until you know it and see the difference!!!!

Last edited by Adarsh; 06/30/14 05:19 AM.