Non fiction books are books considered factual, informational

Fiction books are stories. usually based on the imagination of the reader or entertainment loosely based on a life.

The type of books you should be learning the system on are non- fiction. Fiction, stories tend to be for entertainment and as such not suited for learning PhotoReading because they are intended to take your time.

Don't cross your eyes during the PhotoReading step. And if your mind wanders to, doing the laundry, washing dishes, negative self talk, you aren't PhotoReading. You've given your mind the command that this doesn't matter. If it's important, stay with your purpose and the rhythmic turning of the pages and the chant to stay in command at the PhotoReading step.

Quote:
What drives me crazy is that I failed to find any post in the forum that assures me I don't miss a single thing from a book. All I am interest in, is the comprehension and coverage even at max half the time than traditional reading.

I can't help laughing about that. You get about 10% from what you read traditionally. You miss every single thing with traditional reading more so because it's a passive approach to reading.

With PhotoReading you've seen every word in the book as you flipped the pages. You activate from fast to slower in accordance to your need. It's possible to just PhotoRead a book and know you don't need any more comprehension from that book than that. From experience I know I've come across too many books that promised a lot and produced nothing. There have even been books that didn't live up to their title. I lost nothing from those books and save a lot of time. Instead I turned my focus to other books.

I do appreciate the better than 10% knowledge of a book two weeks later. That was the major reason I became a PhotoReading instructor. I discovered while I could read, and I thought I could comprehend what I read, I missed and lost a lot with traditional reading.

Activation brings to consciousness what you decide is important. Only 4 to 11% of a book carries any meaning.

Your comment about dipping, tells me that you're still passive in your activation approach. You're not really asking the author questions.

A good writer explains in more way than one, what they want the reader to understand. You as the reader only need to attend to the version that makes the explanation clear to you.

Since reading is a personal experience and everyone gets something different from a book. You only want what you need from the book, you don't need everything another person knows to succeed with what you're doing.

Alex