what kind of tables have you studied?each database be it graph,tables or chart explains and provides for further analysis.The type of analysis for one type of database is also limited.For example let us say we have a table which gives us figures on population year wise and growth % wise.Now if someone asks us to derive what was the growth in terms of population for Women alone then the table is limited.I know i sound Pollyanna and maybe silly.But each table can be dealt it with to an extent we get information for.Now what is the data required for u.Many times at executive level people can easily refer back to the data and give answers.if it is for exam one can prepare the best possible questions that can be asked on the database and then one can memorise those answers.If you expect photographic memory out of photoreading you are at a wrong place.However i have had an interesting experience with my exams on Taxation.I could guess a certain number accurately and it was right.I trusted myself and it was a good guess.So much so i could remember the page and locatin photographically which helped me mark the answer.And mind u it was an objective question.Now my question suppose i did not remember the data in real life what would i do,look it up right?so why do you need to memorise so much data for.I remember reading Richard Feynman in my engineering days,a famous inspiring book called "Surely you must be joking Mr Feynman" in which he admits taking long time to memorise key figures and devise his own method to remember important ratios (i read it in 1993 so may not be right verbatim) and astound people about his capability.That brings to the point some people astound us with memory of large data ,but they would have factored in so much time,so why do you need to have memory of so much stuff?You can always take time and look it up.Memorisation is a different ball game.Analytical reading is a different ball game.It takes time.Photo reading gives us a quick structure .But Analytical reading like the one you pointed out on tables and graphs it takes its own sweet time as per the purpose and relevance it commands!!!