6 page technical report, photoread 6 times daily for 7 days? Has the brain shut down yet?

PhotoRead it once, then activate with a quick rapid read (superreading speed). Use authors train of thought, draw a 4 quadrant mind map. Problems Solutions Arguments and Relevance. Work out what you learned in terms of your purpose. If you were doing this in my seminar you'd have 7 minutes to do this in and yep. I'd pull the book away to stop you from sinking in at this point.

Since this is probably important to you. Take a break and I mean take a break. Hour at least or overnight is good. Then come back to it and build your memory. Authors usually explain, what is import about this graph, data list, or what I'm showing you in this graph, data list somewhere near the the data or graphs.

Since from what I understand, you want to memorise this information.

It's easier to memorise stuff that has relevance. That's why you work on the 4th quadrant of the mind map. Find the relevance, to you, about the data.

For example. A graph about the dating habits of teenage girls, might not have a relevance to a teenage male until he focuses on how he could use the information to get more dates (purpose) And then data like, girls with red hair tend to prefer boys with dreadlocks (I don't know if that's true that is made up by me for sake of discussion) would click with a boy who has dreadlocks, relevance.

This is built up. As one can imagine normally a 6 page technical article like that could take 90 minutes to commit to memory. If you chunk it 7 minutes superread and some 3-4 minutes exploring the the relevance of the problems, arguments and solutions [authors train of thoughts] you'll find it easier to remember. You've connected it to something.

Also I suggest you quit working with short material to get this. Get on with some solid material with real information to pull out. At least a subject with 250 to 400 pages, non fiction for now.

Consider we keep mentioning that only 4 to 11% of text carries meaning. (The real weight of the authors message) Then working with short text is like catching fish from fish tank at a pet shop with a bucket. It seems like you've not achieved anything because you see the same fish, just in a different container. Take the bucket to a creek and catch fish, it's a different more satisfying experience, even if it is more challenging.

I'm very proud of you for having stuck with it for 2 months and the results you've gained this far. Don't stress it, play at it. Make it play. Be a explorer, like a child testing how fast he can build a sand castle and water ways before the waves come and take it away. The child doesn't care that the sand castle might be washed away, or the waterway partly filled in. Doesn't care if he's not always successful. The child knows the next wave is going to be different, no two are exactly the same, so it's a new challenge each time to keep building his city near the wave. It's a game.

You've got the skills happening building sand castles, digging water / roadways [PhotoReading, getting better at activating], you know the next wave [book] is going to be different. Be like the child and challenge yourself to see what you build with the next wave.

Alex