Quote:
When I dont get much even after skittering or diping multiple times, should I dip again and again till i fully understand the text?

You have my permission to do so. That's what building it in layers is about. First time reading something we might not get it after activating it has some time to incubate some more and then it becomes easier to understand, so it might be on the second or third pass that you get it.

Considering that analytical reading can be as slow as 60 words a minuTe and people usually need to read complex passages 3 or 4 times. Skittering at 300 words a minute once or twice... Well I think you can see the difference. It's much better use of your time to repeat with superreading or skittering than slow analytical reading 3 or 4 times. And yes you may slow down to analytical speed if the text requires it.

The point of the system is to find what you need to focus on and move over the rest.

Of course if you're asking what and why and the other is only explaining where and when, you'll have difficulty tapping so, pay attention to the who, what why, when, where and how. And you learn to notice the authors direction. Not to be like the reporter who only asks the questions that they have written on their memo pad before they met the author and the author hints at some juicy information that you really would want to know to satisfy your purpose. Stay flexible.

When you keep saying nothing gels... what exactly do you expect to have happen "when it gels"? Let's get on the same page with that because I get the impression we might not be talking about the same thing.

Your approach is fine.

Alex