Quote:
The point of the system is to find what you need to focus on and move over the rest.

Oh.. now I see. I seem to have been expecting something different altogether all this time!! I was searching for cat food at a bookstore and got frustrated when I was told this isnt where you get it.

Those testimonials, examples and success stories in the book and on the website made me believe photoreading isnt just about reading, But about comprehending written text more effectively and effortlessly than we could ever do with reading with conscious mind. I was super excited to lay my hands on the book; like a child waiting for it's promised tour to Disneyland. I believe in gradual improvement and thus, never expected 'Eurekas' or 'aha's' before at least an year. But I do expect to see things rolling for me; after 2.5 months at least. And then realized I might never see them rolling because my expectations are simply not practical.
Reducing reading time to 1/3, 1/10 or 1/15 hardly got any of my attention. My profession stresses on comprehension and retention. I can afford to spend an entire day just on a single piece of paper. This was the main reason speed reading courses couldnt grab my interest.

Quote:
What exactly do you expect to have happen "when it gels"?

Well, I didnt expect magic. I expected a little edge in comprehension over to what I am already ripping with my traditional reading. I expected a little better results than the same results with a time saving process.
I noticed, owned, and played. I was surprised to see when i excluded the actual photoreading step on a few books,I was still getting the same results! I didnt want to believe this. Thats why my queries were redundant. I feared if the photoreading step is actually a placebo step that enhances this great learning system without actually playing a role in it. All apart, though I didnt find what I expected, the system is really nice and more productive, regardless I include photoreading or not.

You guys really helped me a lot. I am grateful to you for all your guidance.

Thank you,

Stweet

-A final query-, with so much talked about pre-conscious processing power of our brain, I was wondering if anyone can calculate with your subconscious mind? in other words, calculating without involving conscious mind? is it possible?