Quote:

Oh.. now I see. I seem to have been expecting something different altogether all this time!! I was searching for cat food at a bookstore and got frustrated when I was told this isnt where you get it.

Interesting response. You realise the conscious mind is only capable of holding 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information a second. Which means no one really ever holds full conscious comprehension of a book or subject. Comprehension means calling up the information with personal understanding.

You do get comprehension with retention. So I was wandering what you were looking for when it gels.

So at this point in time you'd like your comprehension to be better than it was before with traditional reading? You seem to be suggesting that in traditional reading you're not satisfied with your comprehension?

Quote:
I feared if the photoreading step is actually a placebo step that enhances this great learning system without actually playing a role in it.

Yeah I get that. I was at that point about 6 weeks after I had PhotoReading working nicely for me. Universe punched that idea out of me pretty quick. That was before I considered becoming a PhotoReading instructor.

The book has gelled when it satisfies your purpose. And it seems your purpose is to comprehend the book fine on one hand but why do you want to comprehend it, what do you need the information for?

Quote:
-A final query-, with so much talked about pre-conscious processing power of our brain, I was wondering if anyone can calculate with your subconscious mind? in other words, calculating without involving conscious mind? is it possible?
based on first hand experience yes. Though I wouldn't rely on it. I still had to do the bookwork and calculations to find that I was correct. And that was a couple of years prior to PhotoReading.

Yes I believe we are capable of a whole lot more than we do. But we grew up with so much insecurity, does getting the answers wrong in a test makes one feel secure? Didn't help me nor many who I know. What it did was make us afraid of trusting our own mind our own answers, that we must be one hundred 100% sure that we have someone else's information nicely placed in our memory. And if that author is ever proven wrong... well lets not bring the writes and wrongs of various scientist and researchers into this.

Stweet, if you're interested PM me. Work on a book with me. We'll discuss each activation layer and your purpose. One thing I do know, if your purpose is just a goal it won't get you answers.

Too often people say tell me they want to absorb the book... PhotoRead it and you've done that. Then what... that was the purpose absorb the book. Like a sponge absorb the water. It doesn't do anything else with the water.

Or get a concept of what the author is talking about. Well you can get that done in 30 second. It's called preview. You then have a concept of what the author is talking about.