Only thing i understand having been a pretty good reader,and a pretty good student earlier to learning photoreading,Photoreading has many advantages.Looks to me that u have invested lots of time on learning speed reading skills,like me.I had a hard time to understand Super reading.For me skittering was analogous to a scanning in speed reading skills.But super reading and skittering are not that.Its also not complicated.Its like bringing a lot of information into something definite by searching for a word or a phrase and the whole text comes active to you.You realise you understand a large part of the text by searching the 4 to 11% of the text that really carries meaning.So it all boils down to asking good questions and knowing why you want it.Why it gets complex for many of us ?we dont know what to ask for and we keep telling ourselves ,what to ask for ?how should i know ,what to ask for?

I usually go with my purpose and i cant explain it,its a gut feeling i make a summary of what the book is all about my mind is already creating a mind map of the book i have photoread and categorising information.

if you see no difference between regular reading and photoreading its (i think it is,im no expert,im just trying to help u with what happened with me) mainly because we still want a sure fire physical feeling with the text and we dont want to believe that 4 to 11% of the text will open up everything else literally.The only way to know is play wth it .That is really believe and try it on a book super read and dip (dont skitter---in my experience skittering put me to regular reading---i use it with text books only)and try to get 4 to 11% of the book and see if you know the book.Then regular read the book and see the difference.Then do some more.When you understand and feel the first experience it grows and its very hard to explain probably one needs to get tested.I used to do these drills when i learnt speed reading from the book by Tony Buzan.My comprehension really improved.But Photoreading did something totally different ,it helped me apply very fast.I had lot of apprehensions on using it with novels but now that overall my skills have improved i am enjoying novels too.I keep numbering them as Scene 1,2,3,4,5,...,what is scene -1 what are the characters what happens whats the situation who is involved then scene-2 ,then scene 3 ,so my eyes is picking up key words and i feel great ,its really like a movie and by the way thats how the author also writes a novel.He has an overall theme and then he constructs a jigsaw puzzle scene by scene.A non fiction book is more structured.For me my friend it looks like you have practised a lot on speed reading skills.I may be wrong just trying to help.Super reading is totally different its simple and its about questions and answers with words and phrases.And its effective cause the entire text is already absorbed in the photoreading text.

Im telling all this from my layman experiences and not from any researches!!!So tare of your old habits and look at it as if you have never learnt to read---think this is the only way to read and try it and let it seem frustating intially keep at it and see.
Have you completed one book until you have mindmapped it completely and rapid read it after the mindmap session .When you review the mindmap have u asked yourself in how many words can you talk about the whole book in a concise way,if no then try it first and see.

But of course as i said im no expert, i may be wrong ,not to fret we have Alex to help us!!!

Best of luck