Hello Alex,

Quote:
We all know 'purpose' drives the process of photoreading, but now this has been so reduntant, it has really started to lose its meaning.

Bit misunderstanding here, it was for photoread4me's statement. I meant, Photoread4me mentioning the importance of purpose almost everywhere regardless the original query; is reduntant. He is a nice helpful veteran on this forum, but his statements about purpose are so highly repeatative , that they really have started to loose their meaning. And, also because they dont fit in this context as well.

Why would I say purpose is reduntant! I just cant.

My purpose is to consume information. Because I need to. My profession and further studies deal with huge amount of information and data. I play with information day and night regardless I need it for my future benefits. It is a part of my profession. So, this slightly differs with the reading goals of majority of people who have posted on this forum. Many need to find something in the book. They are not interested in everything. They have questions that need to be answered. In my case, I need to understand and remember huge amount of information.

I am having a tough time dealing with this issue. Thats why I raised this query to make sure Photoreading could help me make this easier for me. I must mention, Photoreading has helped me increase my speed with text material.

Though the query is originally mine, I also found something that goes on the same lines. Darren Brown; in his book- tricks of the mind, pages 63-64, also raises the same question.

Thank you,

Stweet